At the National Network of Abortion Funds, we’ve always known that the Roe v. Wade decision didn’t make the right to an abortion a reality. Together, we are rising up and refusing to rewind to a past in which abortion was inaccessible. Ahead of the 45th anniversary of the Supreme Court’s decision, We Testify abortion storytellers and leaders from local abortion funds will discuss what it’s like to obtain an abortion as a transgender person or while undocumented, highlight local wins and ongoing challenges, and answer questions from press to provide a fuller picture of the current state of abortion access across the nation. Join us this call to better understand what it’s like to have an abortion, why people seek abortion care, and the grassroots efforts to break down barriers to access.
This call is open to all members of the press and general public.
Date: Tuesday, January 16, 2018
Time: 1:00pm ET
- Alejandra Pablos, We Testify Abortion Storyteller, Arlington, VA
- Sheila Desai, We Testify Abortion Storyteller and board member at the New York Abortion Access Fund, New York, NY
- Holly Bland, We Testify Abortion Storyteller, Cleveland, OH
- Cazembe Murphy Jackson, We Testify Abortion Storyteller, Atlanta, GA
- Renee Bracey Sherman, Moderator